On Earth Hour hundreds of millions of people, organizations, corporations and governments around the world will come together to make a bold statement about their concern for climate change by doing something quite simple—turning off their lights for one hour. Earth Hour sends a clear message that people care about this issue and want to turn the lights out on dirty air, dangerous dependency on foreign oil and costly climate change impacts, and make the switch to cleaner air, a strong economic future and a more secure nation.
Participation is easy. By flipping off your lights on March 27th at 8:30 p.m. local time you will be making the switch to a cleaner, more secure earth.
You can support Earth Hour by:
- Turning off your lights at 8.30PM on March 27
- Showing your support and adding yourself to our world map
- Adding Earth Hour widgets, logos and banners to your blog or website to help us spread the word
- Talking about Earth Hour in your social network by updating your Facebook status, grabbing a Twibbon, tweeting about your support, and more
- Get together with your friends and family, by hosting an Earth Hour party or holding your own candlelit affair
- Rally your local council or community group to run an Earth Hour event for your community
- Encourage your employer and workmates to take part in Earth Hour and make energy savings every day
- Make an Earth Hour Lantern as a symbol of hope for the future
- Be creative! Find a new way to mark Earth Hour and let us know all about it!